Thursday, February 14, 2013

Teething, you're the devil.

I realize I promised you all a rant about hashtags on Tuesday, but yesterday was one of those days where I couldn't put my child down without all hell breaking loose. I don't know what her deal was. She slept almost eight hours Tuesday night and took a two and a half hour nap. It was just her day to be persnickety. Between her and the fact that my house looked like a pet hair explosion, there was very little time for blogging.

To help with what I thought might be teething related whining, I made a batch of bretzel yesterday morning using the Smitten Kitchen's recipe.They were delicious (and almost all gone), but next time I make them I'll add more baking soda to the boiling water (The crust was a little limp for my taste, and there's nothing worse than expecting a thick, chewy crust and getting a thin, slightly chewy crust.) and skip the egg wash. The smell of pretzel was a little masked by the smell of cooking egg which was disappointing.

Tiny didn't have any complaints about it, though.

Bob came home early to get footage of Tiny rolling around and playing for a spot he's working on. So we got to eat dinner together (The first time in years a few weeks) before spending half an hour wrangling the baby. (Have you ever tried to get a six month old to play in one place for more than 30 seconds? It's darn near impossible. She refused to stay on the quilt and pitched a fit just about every time I moved her back onto it.)

Action shot.
Here she is, mesmerized by Dad's fancy work camera.
Side Note: One would think that I would have acquired better photo taking skills what with having a husband who takes photos and videos professionally, and an older brother who has won awards  for his pictures (Here's his most recent big deal. And just for fun, I'm going to let you guess which one is him.), but no. I can't seem to retain any of the information I'm been given about shutter speed, aperture, or perspective. Bob even gave me a lecture on the rule of thirds one time, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was even about. That being said, I would like to re-learn it all. I don't think these low-quality iPhone pictures will hold your attention for long.

Anyway, I don't have the energy I wanted to have for my anti-hashtag rant. All I really want to do is walk two doors and get a doughnut and nap the day away.

But no. I'm a grown-up with a job.

I might go get that doughnut, though.

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day, if you care about that sort of thing.

Update: I did get my doughnut! I got two of them, actually. A sweet friend gave me a chocolate glazed one, then I had to break a $20 for my boss, which meant I had to walk two doors down and buy a caramel doughnut (Normally I would have gone for plain glazed, but Jim's was pretty well cleaned out, and I'll take what I can get.)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love the blog :) Especially after two nights of no sleep due to homework! Man, I thought once they got past toddler years, I could\d get all the sleep I wanted! Bonus, I did get an A on my assignment ;)

    ReplyDelete