Saturday, February 16, 2013

"Sorry I'm late. I just got done taming a wild honeymoon stallion for you guys."


Hello Readers!
Tiny Girl was sickly yesterday. She was warm and whiny all day. I got nothing done. Well, almost nothing. I did make another batch of bretzel while she sat, mostly content, in her Bumbo on the counter next to me. (Attention Parenting Police: I don't want to hear about how it's 'unsafe'. She was supervised the whole time, and more interested in making a grab at whatever it was I happened to have in my hands than escaping from her seat.) I doubled the amount of baking soda in the boiling water and skipped the egg wash. Here's a delicious looking picture.

We went to the Second Street Market with my brother, "Uncle Ponyboy" today. It was nice to get out of the house. The Second Street Market is always fun, but I think I prefer it in the spring and summer. There's more produce, more flowers, and the atmosphere is just generally more lively. I did pick up some ground rabbit while there, and at a delicious Tandoori Chicken meat pie from Cheeky Meat Pies. Here's Tiny with Uncle Ponyboy. (He spent most of his time trying to keep her from pulling his hair out. It's at treat for him to carry her. He has more hair than I've had in YEARS.)

I've also spent some time this week preparing for my upcoming Scrappy Trip Around the World sewing class coming up in a week. (What's that? You didn't know I teach sewing classes? Well, I do. Occasionally.) Here's a super swell photo of the bundles I assembled. I'm really looking forward to this class. It's going to be a lot of fun. You can visit out the Facebook event if you're interested in more info.


And that's all the wild exciting things that have happened around here today. Napoleon Dynamite is on. That movie is so 2004 (2005?). I leave you with the AMAZING dance sequence from the end:

P.S. Tiny is sleeping! And has been for the last hour-ish! It's a Saturday miracle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment